|Tool Kit Value: $69|
PC Technician Course
|Duration||:||40-hours (10 weeks)|
|Cost||:||$995.00 (includes PC tool kit)|
|Early Bird Cost||:||$595.00 (includes PC tool kit)||Start Date||:||January 17,2018|
|* Limited Seats available at early bird pricing, conditions apply.|
This is a 40-hours (10 weeks) course used as a stepping stone to the ever growing IT industry in Canada. The program is designed to educate students on all aspects of Personal Computer Technician.
Program Outcomes :
- Identify the tools and test equipment associated with PC repair and maintenance activity, know how hardware and software work together in the operation of a PC, and outline the process for assembling a personal computer
- Identify different types of removable media devices, name the physical components of a hard drive and know the function of each, as well as know how to maintain disks and systems
- Identify electrical terms and symbols, and describe how to recognize a failed power supply and how to replace it, as well as describe a multimeter and its functions
- Identify various operating systems along with their characteristics, features, discuss the processes required to install hardware and software using Windows 7, Windows 8 and 10, and Mac operating systems
- Identify different types of system boards, list the physical components of memory, and describe how memory is accessed
- Describe how to solve basic computer problems, define the differences between a virus, worm, and a Trojan horse, and identify the types of threats against a computer system
- Describe how PCs communicate with each other, identify the typical input/output devices encountered in a computer system, and describe the process of configuring routers, switches, as well as static and dynamic routing schemes
The course is taught by instructors who are highly experienced in the Hardware and Software of Computers. Students greatly benefit from their superior knowledge and practical experiences in this field.